Travis CI is looking for smart and self-motivated QA Automation Engineer with the ability to take on and overcome challenges in a dynamic and collaborative team environment. Our goal is to have a completely integrated solution to aid in the migration to CI/CD based methodologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and drive internal QA projects to stay state-of-the-art
- Write, review, execute and maintain automated tests on all levels of the test pyramid,
- Create new tests and optimize existing tests
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Researches, recommends and establishes best practices in manual and automated testing to encourage well-documented and reproducible testing results
- Work with developers to resolve anomalies
- Interact with product managers and engineers to drive projects to on-time, quality releases
Most of all, we’re looking for someone who enjoys collaborating in a team, diving into and learning technologies, and who wants to help us make the Travis CI web application the best it can be. We'd like for this person to fulfill the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related engineering and technical field
- Experience in Automation Testing using QUnit (JS unit testing)
- Experience with Ember CLI
- Experience with testing micro-services
- You should be comfortable working with distributed teams
- Understanding of how changes impact work upstream and downstream.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have the capacity to understand the QA processes and work in the software environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience with testing a CI tool
About Travis CI
Travis CI is a continuous integration platform: We run people's tests, deploy their code and help them be confident about their work. We have strong roots in open source, both in our community and how Travis CI was built. We continue to support the open source community wherever we can.
Travis CI strives to be a diverse team, made of and built by people with different backgrounds and lifestyles. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, accessibility needs, age, religion, color, or any other group.
Our core company values are openness, diversity, collaboration, and empathy, so we want to support you as a human and an individual through the benefits we offer. These include:
- Location/Travel: Being a distributed team, you can work from wherever you want.
- Flexible working hours: You choose your working hours. We understand life comes with responsibilities and complications. We have families and personal lives, and we encourage all our employees to spend time tending to them.