Experienced Customer Support Engineer - Europe time zones
Travis CI is looking for an Experienced Customer Support Engineer to support and empower our customers to build & ship great software on a daily basis.
Support engineers help our customers with our hosted & enterprise platforms and for both open source & private projects. Our support requests involve build problems across multiple programming languages, tools and build environments, with solutions oftentimes focusing on technical problems with a language’s runtime, build toolchain and ecosystem.
The role of a customer support engineer in our team is mainly to answer customer submitted cases via e-mail or in our Community Forums and to help us improve our product and our documentation.
On any given day, you might be working on projects and problems like these:
- Talking with customers in support conversations, debugging problems together with them and finding out the best .travis.yml configuration for their use case.
- Communicating with customers about product features and subscription setup/management questions
- Recommending Travis CI (continuous integration) environments and workflows for users to try out and adapt
- Identifying Travis CI product improvements and reporting them to the rest of the team
- Improving our documentation and writing guides to share knowledge among customers and teammates
- Participate in weekly support “huddle” meetings where we tackle complex cases together and share knowledge.
- Improve our existing support tools and create new ones to help us scale our support operations.
Our main office is in Berlin, Germany and we have customers and a team spread across the globe. However, for this particular role, we're looking for a support engineer located in and covering the EU time zones. Whether you are onsite in Berlin, or remote, we are passionate about supporting you as a member of our distributed team.
You like working in a team and learning new processes and technologies. You enjoy talking to and helping people, anticipating their needs and supporting them with suggestions and solutions. You are reflective about the impact choices have on customer’s experience, and the role you have facilitating customer’s interactions with Travis CI as a product and a company.
You want to help us shape and scale our customer support environment. You are full of ideas and love to use them to help people do their jobs better and more efficiently. We foster a culture of continuous improvement and we'd like you to be an essential part of it.
You are also self-motivated, highly autonomous and probably have a background that includes some of the following:
- Experience troubleshooting bugs, networking problems and/or performance issues.
- Expertise with Git and knowledgeable of GitHub (including its APIs)
- Experience using the command line in either Linux, macOS and/or Windows
- Excellent problem-solving and logic skills
- You’re curious to learn new things about customers and technologies
- Ability to identify and relay relevant feedback based on customer trends
- Strong, fluent written and spoken English
- iOS and/or Android Mobile development experience
- Exposure and familiarity with DevOps, continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) concepts and tools like Jenkins.
- You can give at least one reason why a build can succeed locally but fail on a CI product.
Ultimately, we are looking for individuals who can and want to make a contribution to our constantly growing and evolving company. Whether you have only a few or all of the elements of a candidate’s background we identified, we’d love to hear if you think Travis CI might be a good fit for you!
Location/Travel: Being a distributed team, you can work from wherever you want
Flexible working hours: You choose your working hours. We understand life comes with responsibilities and complications, and we encourage all our employees to spend time tending to them.