Director of Marketing
Travis CI is looking for a hands-on Director of Marketing to join our Business Development organisation. You will report to and work closely with the VP of Business Development. In this position, the Director of Marketing will be a management individual contributor, and eventually, hire their marketing team to support growth and sales campaigns.
- Develop a marketing strategy for Travis CI
- Execute day-to-day marketing activities as an individual contributor
- Own paid customer acquisition strategy
- Coordinate marketing activities with the Community Team to ensure we have consistent messaging across all external communication channels
- Prepare and deliver presentations to all levels within an organization
- Manage relationships and effectively work with a range of stakeholders and executives, to ensure external communication plans are aligned with business needs and priorities
- Work with product managers on in-app messaging to improve user experience and promote usage
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 24 October, 2018
- Minimum of BA/BS degree, MBA or advanced degree in closely related field preferred
- Strong customer-centric focus
- Exceptional understanding of marketing fundamentals to drive growth
(positioning, messaging, segmentation, retention, pricing, business models, digital channels, conversion funnels, LTV, CAC, A/B testing, brand)
- Passion for software development and developer tools
- 5 years of software-as-a-service marketing experience
- People management experience a plus
- Ability to be hands-on with digital marketing and CRM systems as well as business analysis tools
- Superior organizational skills, ability to track and juggle many tasks
- Superior analytical, written and communication skills in English
- Comfortable presenting in front of internal and external groups
Our core company values are openness, diversity, collaboration, and empathy so we want to support you as human and an individual through the benefits we offer. These include:
Location/Travel: Being a distributed team, you can work from wherever you want.
Flexible working hours: You choose your working hours. We understand life comes with responsibilities and complications, and we encourage our employees to spend time tending to them.
Time-off: You will have a minimum of 25 days off - and you must take all of them. We know things at work can be busy and exciting, but want to help make sure you are happy and healthy, and time away is important for that.
Health Benefits: Your health insurance is partially covered by Travis CI. We’ll cover 50% of your health insurance, up to €350 per month, no matter where you are.
Parental Leave: We provide a fully paid leave of at least 3 months for parents of all genders as well as adoptive parents and those in surrogacy arrangements.Professional and Personal Growth: We’ll cover your conference travel and ticket costs. We’ll also buy books on request, and ship you a kindle to read them on.
About Travis CI
Travis CI is a continuous integration platform: We run people's tests, deploy their code and help them be confident about their work.
We have strong roots in open source, both in our community and how Travis CI was built. We continue to support the open source community wherever we can.Travis CI is run as a hosted service, free for open source, and a paid product for private code. It's also available as an on-premises version (Travis CI Enterprise).
We're a small, bootstrapped business from Berlin, Germany with a team distributed across the globe. Our goal is to help people build better software. Travis CI is profitable, and we're building a sustainable business for the long run.
Travis CI is striving to be a diverse team, made of and built by people with different backgrounds and lifestyles. We don't discriminate based on race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, religion, color, or any other group.