Responsibilities & recurring tasks
- You will work on our web UI, which is an Ember.js based application that talks to our API and receives live updates about events related to our users builds. The code you write as part of your work will be Open Source.
- You will help us keep our application in a good shape, clean up older code, follow community practices, and add new functionality to make it more useful to our users.
- You will be part of our Web Team. As such, the people you’ll work closest with are our currently 2 frontend developers, as well as our two designers. You will also work with our backend developers from time to time.
- Like all developers on our team, you will also be doing customer support on a regular basis, in order to understand and keep in touch with our customers' perspective and needs
We are looking for contractors only. As a remote company, we do welcome applicants from all over the world. Due to the current team structure, we’d prefer candidates from CET and CT timezones.
We only accept applications in English.
Most of all, we’re looking for someone who enjoys collaborating in a team, diving into and learning technologies, and who wants to help us make the Travis CI web application the best it can be. We'd like for this person to fulfill the following requirements:
- You’re familiar with HTML.
- You have at least 2 years experience working with CSS in a professional environment (experience with SCSS will be a plus).
- You have experience working with responsive and mobile-friendly layouts.
- You're familiar with using GitHub pull requests to implement changes.
- You’re familiar with modern CI/CD tools and workflows or willing to learn.
- We do not require prior Ember.js experience, but would like for you to be interested in learning and working with it on a daily basis.
About Travis CI
Travis CI is a continuous integration platform: We run people's tests, deploy their code and help them be confident about their work. We have strong roots in open source, both in our community and how Travis CI was built. We continue to support the open source community wherever we can.
Travis CI strives to be a diverse team, made of and built by people with different backgrounds and lifestyles. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, accessibility needs, age, religion, color, or any other group.
Our core company values are openness, diversity, collaboration, and empathy, so we want to support you as a human and an individual through the benefits we offer. These include:
- Location/Travel: Being a distributed team, you can work from wherever you want.
- Flexible working hours: You choose your working hours. We understand life comes with responsibilities and complications. We have families and personal lives, and we encourage all our employees to spend time tending to them.