We’re looking for a Product Manager to join the Product Team at Travis CI. You will report to and work very closely with the Head of Product.
Travis CI strives to provide a fast, stable, and reliable Continuous Integration and Deployment service that is simple and intuitive to use. Our product decisions are meant to empower collaborative teams, our customers and the community. As such, we support and encourage community contributions.
Product Managers at Travis CI continuously listen to our customers, building the product and experience they want and need. Our product fits all team sizes and developers, up to large enterprises via our on-premises offering: Travis CI Enterprise.
In this role, you’ll work with engineering, creative, support, marketing, and sales to better understand what our customers and prospects need so we can develop ideas to address them and continue being a market leader.
- Communicate the goals behind upcoming product improvements, as well as the vision for the product roadmap, both within our team as well as to our customers.
- Understand the Continuous Integration market, competition, and customer/user requirements in depth.
- Help drive process and decisions through data: identify and detect opportunities to drive business results.
- Measure the results of your work, test it with real users and customers, and understand its effects long term.
- Work closely with the creative and engineering teams, working on solutions by writing specs and creating wireframes.
- Talk with our customers to more deeply understand how we can better support them.
You like working in a team, setting up processes, and learning new technologies. You enjoy talking to and helping your colleagues, driving ideas to completion. You are reflective about the impact choices have on customer’s experience and the role you have empowering and activating customers.
You want to help us shape and scale our product and our customer base. You’re organized and self-driven. You are full of ideas and love to use them to help people do their jobs better and more efficiently. We foster a culture of continuous improvement and we'd like you to be an essential part of it.
- 2+ years as Product Manager, managing either SaaS, on-premises or customer products
- 2+ years in a customer facing role: you are a skilled communicator
- Experience working with both qualitative customer insights and quantitative customer data to inform decisions
- Experience with setting up metrics, writing SQL queries, and following through with the results
- Hands on experience with CI/CD tools and practices
- Knowledge about Linux, macOS, and Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, User Interface (UI), sales, customer support, finance, or marketing
Ultimately, we are looking for individuals who can and want to make a contribution to our constantly growing and evolving company. Whether you have only a few or all of the elements of a candidate’s background we identified, we’d love to hear if you think Travis CI might be a good fit for you!
Please apply before June 10th, 2019
About Travis CI
Travis CI is a continuous integration platform: We run people's tests, deploy their code and help them be confident about their work. We have strong roots in open source, both in our community and how Travis CI was built. We continue to support the open source community wherever we can.
We'd like to encourage people from any race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, accessibility needs, age, religion, color, or any other group to apply.
We are committed to supporting an inclusive environment based on Openness, Collaboration, Diversity and Empathy, so we want to support you as a human and an individual through the benefits we offer. These include:
- Location/Travel: Being a distributed team, you can work from wherever you want.
- Flexible working hours: You choose your working hours. We understand life comes with responsibilities and complications. We have families and personal lives, and we encourage all our employees to spend time tending to them.
- Professional and Personal Growth: You’ll learn by working with cutting edge technologies, pairing, code reviews and feedbacks.