Enterprise Software Engineer
Travis CI is looking for an Enterprise Software Engineer. Travis CI Enterprise is one of our main product offerings. It is Travis CI packaged up via Docker and Replicated to be installed and run inside our customers’ private networks. Our customers generally choose Travis CI Enterprise because they need to run an on-premises CI system for security, regulatory, or internal reasons. We believe in the importance of getting cool tools into enterprise teams - startups shouldn’t be the only ones having fun with the latest and greatest!
As an Enterprise Software Engineer you will work as part of our Engineering team, using your technical skills to work on our applications and integrate them into Travis CI Enterprise. You will add new features, debug issues, and improve build tooling and automation. You will also work with our Documentation team to improve customer-facing resources. Also, in order to understand and keep in touch with our customers' perspectives and needs, the role of an engineer on our team includes doing customer support on a regular basis.
We are looking for contractors only. As a remote company, we do welcome applicants from all over the world.
Most of all, we’re looking for someone who enjoys collaborating in a team, diving into and learning new technologies, and who wants to help us make Travis CI Enterprise the best it can be! We'd like for this person to fulfill the following requirements:
- You have at least 5-8 years experience working in software development and automation
- You are experienced in writing and understanding Ruby, Unix tooling, Bash, Docker, and some Go, RabbitMQ, Redis, PostgreSQL and Kubernetes.
- You believe in the values of continuous integration and deployment, and you are excited to deliver such value to our Enterprise customers.
- You’re familiar with using GitHub’s pull requests, workflows, and associated tooling to implement changes in a distributed remote team.
- You enjoy talking and writing to people (in English) and helping them find solutions to their issues as part of our customer support rotation.
About Travis CI
Travis CI is a continuous integration platform: We run people's tests, deploy their code and help them be confident about their work. We have strong roots in open source, both in our community and how Travis CI was built. We continue to support the open source community wherever we can.
Travis CI strives to be a diverse team, made of and built by people with different backgrounds and lifestyles. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, accessibility needs, age, religion, color, or any other group.
Our core company values are openness, diversity, collaboration, and empathy, so we want to support you as a human and an individual through the benefits we offer. These include:
- Location/Travel: Being a distributed team, you can work from wherever you want.
- Flexible working hours: You choose your working hours. We understand life comes with responsibilities and complications. We have families and personal lives, and we encourage all our employees to spend time tending to them.
- Professional and Personal Growth: You’ll learn by working with cutting edge technologies, pairing, code reviews and feedbacks.